Behjat Shirazi, MA, LPCC|
Behjat has been a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor since 1994. She works with children and adolescents ages 8 and up, families, including those with same gender parents, individual adults and couples. She worked with the Albuquerque Public Schools from 1995 through 2018 providing Professional School Counseling services to students and families at a number of schools within the District. Behjat immigrated to America in 1966 from Iran. She is fully bilingual in English and Farsi. Her work reflects her understanding and sensitivity to culturally diverse clients.
Behjat is eclectic in her therapeutic approach. She utilizes an array of therapeutic methods such as: Cognitive-Behavioral and Solution-Focused, Skilled Based Education, interactive methods such as Sand Tray/Play and Art, Gestalt, Family Systems Therapy, and other modality that will best meet her client's needs. Her primary concern is to meet the cultural and unique needs of individuals and families seeking Counseling. Glossary and Frequently Asked Questions
Behjat has an MA in Counseling Education from California State University in San Bernardino, 1976. Her advanced training includes Strategic Family Therapy, Sandtray and Jungian Sandplay, Gestalt Therapy, Domestic Violence Counseling, Addiction and Obsessive Compulsive Disorders.
Licensing, Certification & Professional Affiliations
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, NM #0962 (1994-present)
- Licensed Professional School Counselor, Level 3 (K through Junior College), NM and California, (1976-present)
- Certified Mediation Specialist (1991-present)
- Certified Domestic Violence Counselor (1981-present)
- Certification and extensive training in Strategic Family Therapy, Gestalt, Sand Tray and Sand Play Therapy, and Critical Incident Intervention.
- Member of New Mexico Sand Play Association
Behjat's comfortable office.
Entering the building
Office at 6666 Fourth NW